Magnesia Chrome Brick
Magnesia Chrome Brick is a kind of basic refractory brick with more than 90% magnesium oxide content. Just like the meaning of its name, the forsterite is the main crystal phase. Which has excellent properties of high temperature strength, good thermal shock resistance, high refractoriness and strong basic slag erosion resistance. This kind of refractory bricks in RS Fire Bricks Factory are mainly used for electric furnace bottom and wall, non-ferrous metal metallurgy furnace, permanent lining of oxygen converter, steelmaking open-hearth furnace, lining of rotary kiln, regenerative chamber of glass furnace, furnace bottom and wall of heating furnace, high-temperature tunnel kiln etc.
Magnesia Chrome Refractory Brick
Magnesia Chrome Brick, as one kind of refractory bricks, it is made of magnesite and chromium concentrate as the main raw material, molded through high pressure and finally fired in the high temperature kiln.
The maximum allowed working environment temperature is 1700℃ of the Magnesia Chrome Refractory Brick. It also features with high strength, high refractoriness under load, high alkali erosion resistance and high thermal shock resistance under (load conditions of 1500~1650℃). Above all, Magnesia Chrome Brick, which has some big advantages of environmental protection and long service life.
Direct Bonded Magnesia Chrome Brick is using direct bonding, manufactured with quality magnesia and chromic oxide as the raw material, molded through high press and fired in the high temperature. This refractory brick has the characteristics of less impurities, low porosity, high compressive strength, strong wear resistance, corrosion resistance, thermal shock and good peeling resistance. Direct Bonded Magnesia Chrome Brick is the ideal lining brick material for finery out of furnace, electric furnace, glass furnace, melting furnace and rotary cement kiln.
Production Process and Classification of Magnesia Chrome Brick
Production process of firing magnesia chrome brick is similar with magnesia brick.
- To eliminate the loose effect of brick in the firing process that result from expansion when generate spinel caused by the ferrous oxide reaction of MgO and Cr2O3, Al2O3 or Direct Bonded Magnesia Chrome Brick. Magnesia chrome brick also can be made of composite common sintered material.
- Besides, there is also unfired magnesite-chrome brick, such as unfired magnesite-chrome brick made of inorganic magnesium saline solution combination. It has properties of simple manufacturing process, low cost and good thermal shock resistance. But its high temperature strength is not nearly so as burnt brick.
- Direct bonding of high temperature phase of periclase and spinel and distribute isolated island-liked distribution of low melting phase of silicate make that Direct Bonded Magnesia Chrome Brick has features of pure raw material, high firing temperature, high temperature strength and slag erosion resistance.
- Use fines that made of chromium minerals and magnesia together to grind pressed shape, which is effective action to eliminate loose effect.
- Magnesia chrome brick made of this method compares with common magnesia chrome brick, its apparent porosity is low, compression strength, refractoriness under load and bending strength is higher.
- Magnesia Chrome Bricks made of synthetic magnesia chromite clinker through firing in the high temperature and pressed shape with chromium minerals and magnesite have better slag erosion resistance and high temperature strength.
- Besides, there are also fused cast magnesite chrome bricks that are made of magnesia-chrome materials fused by Arc Furnaces through direct pouring and rebonded magnesia-chrome brick that is made of fused magnesia chrome materials according to the bricks’ production process.
Magnesia Chrome Brick Properties
- High Refractoriness
- High Temperature Strength
- Strong Basic Slag Erosion Resistance
- Good Thermal Shock Resistance
- Certain Resistance to Acid Slag
Application of Magnesia Chrome Brick
- Magnesia Chrome Brick is mainly applied in metallurgical industry, for example, for building open-hearth furnace top, electric furnace top, finery out of furnace and all kinds of non-ferrous metal metallurgy furnace.
- Magnesia chrome refractory bricks are made of synthetic compost, which is adopted for strong erosion area in finery out of furnace.
- Besides, Magnesia Chrome Brick also can be used for burning zone in rotary cement kiln and regenerative chamber in glass furnace.
- Fused cast magnesite chrome brick is adopted for high temperature position of furnace wall in electric furnace with ultra high power.
- Fused cast magnesite chrome brick or magnesia chrome brick that made of synthetic compost is adopted for strong erosion area of nonferrous metals flash smelting furnace.
Technical Index of Magnesia Chrome Brick
|Magnesia Chrome Bricks|
|Cold Crushing Strength≥(MPA) (15℃-25℃)||24.5||24.5||24.5||24.5||40||40||40|
|0.2MPa Refractoriness Under Load ≥ (℃)||1550||1550||1550||1530||1680||1650||1620|
Magnesia Chrome Brick Manufacturer
RS Fire Bricks Factory has production of the high quality Magnesia Chrome Refractory Brick. Our factory with advanced equipment and professional technical team. Our refractory construction team can service you as well as our refractory products. RS insist on providing customes with the best quality products according their practical use. Welcome to buy cheap Magnesia Chrome Refractory Brick, fused cast Magnesia Chrome Refractory Brick, Special Magnesia Chrome Brick from RS Fire Bricks Supplier. WE will give you back as soon as possible.