Various Uses of High Alumina Bricks
High alumina brick is a kind of aluminum silicate refractory brick with alumina content above 48%. High alumina bricks are mainly made of high alumina bauxite as refractory materials, and other powders and binders are added. After mixing, it enters into the brick making machine to be pressed into shape. After being dried, it is fired into a high-temperature tunnel kiln and made of refractory bricks. What are the uses of high alumina bricks?
Uses of high alumina bricks
From a macro perspective, the uses of high alumina bricks can be applied to a variety of high-temperature industrial furnaces. From a microscopic point of view, different parts of the same high-temperature kiln use high alumina bricks with different physical and chemical indicators.
High alumina bricks use a wide range of refractory raw materials, and the properties of high alumina bricks are stable. As a basic material in the field of high-temperature technology, the applied industries include cement, glass building materials industry, steel smelting industry, petrochemical industry, etc. High-temperature industrial kilns for high alumina bricks include blast furnaces, hot blast furnaces, electric furnace tops, blast furnaces, reverberatory furnaces, and rotary kiln linings. In addition, high-alumina bricks can also be processed into open hearth regenerative checker bricks, plugs for pouring systems, nozzle bricks, etc. according to the needs of industrial kilns. It can also be processed into various shapes of high alumina refractory bricks according to the drawings required by customers.
The physical and chemical indexes of high alumina refractory bricks are different, and the uses of high alumina refractory bricks are also slightly different. Taking the common bulk density as the standard, high alumina refractory bricks have 2.1g/cm3, 2.2g/cm3, 2.3g/cm3, 2.4g/cm3. If used in the same high-temperature industrial kiln, high-alumina refractory bricks with different bulk densities need to be used in different parts.
Principles of using high alumina bricks
The principle of high-alumina bricks for high-temperature industrial kilns is that if low-grade high-alumina bricks can meet the requirements, there is no need to use high-grade high-alumina refractory bricks.
Various uses of high alumina bricks
There are many types of high alumina bricks, and they play different uses in their respective fields.
High alumina bricks for general purpose
- Raw materials and technology: Generally, high-alumina bricks are made of high-quality bauxite clinker, combined with clay and additives.
- Features: The product has the advantages of high refractoriness, good acid, and alkali corrosion resistance, high-temperature strength, and good thermal shock stability.
- Uses: Widely used in thermal equipment in metallurgy, petroleum, chemical, building materials, machinery, processing, and other industries.
High alumina brick for blast furnace
- Raw materials and technology: high-alumina bricks for blast furnace use high-quality bauxite clinker as the main raw material. It is formed by high-pressure forming and high-temperature sintering. The main mineral composition is mullite and corundum.
- Features: The product has excellent high-temperature mechanical properties and chemical resistance.
- Uses: Used in all parts of the lining of a blast furnace.
Practice shows that there are two main types of high alumina bricks used in blast furnaces. One is ordinary high alumina bricks, and the other is low creep high alumina bricks. In general, the parts where high alumina bricks are used in the blast furnace mainly include the vault area of the hot blast stove, the large wall, the regenerator, and the combustion chamber.
- Combustion chamber
The combustion chamber is the space where the gas burns. The setting of the combustion chamber space has a great relationship with the furnace type and structure of the hot blast stove. High alumina bricks are often used in this part. Low creep high alumina bricks are used in high-temperature areas, and ordinary high alumina bricks can be used in medium and low-temperature areas.
The regenerator is a space filled with checkered bricks. The main function is to use internal checker bricks to exchange heat with high-temperature flue gas and combustion air. In this part, low-creep high-alumina bricks are used, mainly in the middle position.
- The big wall
The large wall of the hot blast stove refers to the wall part of the hot blast stove body, including the working layer bricks, the filling material layer, and the insulation layer. The working layer bricks choose different refractory bricks according to the upper and lower temperatures. High alumina bricks are mainly used in the middle and lower parts.
- Vault area of hot blast stove
The vault is the space connecting the combustion chamber and the regenerator, including working layer bricks, filling material layer, and thermal insulation layer. The temperature in the vault area of the hot blast stove is very high, exceeding 1400°C. Therefore, the high alumina bricks used in the working layer are low creep high alumina bricks. Silica bricks, mullite bricks, sillimanite and andalusite bricks can also be used in this part.
High alumina bricks for steelmaking electric furnace roof
- Product features: High alumina bricks for the roof of steelmaking electric furnaces are mainly made of specially selected bauxite clinker. It is formed by high-pressure forming and high-temperature sintering. The main mineral composition is the corundum and mullite phase, which has excellent high-temperature mechanical properties and chemical resistance. Especially for non-fired products, the external dimensions are more accurate and the thermal shock stability is better.
High alumina bricks for steel drums
- Product features: High alumina bricks for steel drums use selected bauxite as the main raw material. It is formed by high-pressure forming and high-temperature sintering. The main mineral composition is corundum and mullite phases. It has good high-temperature mechanical properties and chemical resistance.
Low creep series high alumina bricks for hot blast stove
- Raw materials and technology: low creep series high alumina bricks for hot blast stoves, using corundum mullite and high-quality bauxite clinker as the main raw materials. It is formed by high-pressure forming and high-temperature sintering.
- Features: The product has a high softening temperature under load, good high temperature creep resistance and excellent thermal shock resistance.
- Uses: It is the material of choice for large and medium-sized hot blast stoves.
Rongsheng high alumina brick manufacturer
Rongsheng refractories manufacturers have rich experience in the production of high alumina bricks. Its production equipment is advanced, the technology is standardized, and the index of high alumina brick ranks first in the industry. Rongsheng Refractories has rich experience in the application of high alumina bricks in blast furnaces. Get the price of high alumina bricks. Please contact us.